meta data for this page
Guide: Raid-Helper Signup
All DeltaForce events are announced in the DCS-Events channel.
The official-events channel will announce events which are endorsed by the DeltaForce squadron which are “Weekly Missions”, and “Training Missions”, where attending such events will contribute to your activity within the squadron.
Example of an announced event:
In order to use the bot, you must ensure that you enable the allow whisper discord settings, as the bot will direct message you to choose various configuration settings. These can be enabled using the following steps:
1) Right click on the discord server icon.
2) Click on the “Privacy Settings” option.
3) Ensure that the “Allow direct messages from server members” option is enabled.
Signing up for an Event
Signing up to an event is very simple, and requires very few steps:
1) Find the announced event you wish to sign up for.
2) Underneath the event details, you will find the reaction emotes which defines a class you wish sign up as and click on the emote you wish to sign up as.
3) Once you select a class, the bot will direct message with the list of air-frames available for that specific chosen class. Enter the number number corresponding to the air-frame of your choice and press enter.
4) The bot will confirm that you have signed up for the event and will display your choice in the event details.
The Raid Helper bot can send a reminder notification based on your personal configuration set up. There are two ways to configure the reminder notification and both can be used in conjunction to each other; these are as follows:
Configuration of the inbuilt bot reminder system
1) In the main hangout channel, type in the !reminder command. The bot will direct message you the following options:
2) From the reaction emote options, click on the time configuration of your choice.
3) Click on the “Yes” emote to enable the option.
You can change the reminder settings at any time you wish by following the above 3 steps.
Configuration Google Calendar reminder
1) Find the announced event you wish to create a reminder for, and click on it's date. The following window should pop up on the screen:
2) Click on the “Yep!” button and it it will take you to the google calendar configuration. Set up the google calendar reminder settings to your preference and click on the save button next to the title of event.