meta data for this page
This is an old revision of the document!
Creating a DCS Mission
Creating a DCS mission and requirements
- MAPS: The standard scenery is Caucasus or Persian Gulf.
- COALITIONS: Preset Modern (Note: it's recommended to move USAF Agressors to blue to make red airframes available)
- MISSION OPTIONS: Use the following mission options link to screenshot as a baseline for DELTAFORCE OPS.
- NOTE: Check the guide page on mission option details for information on what each setting does.
- PLAYTIME: Aim for a total of 2 hours time on average including briefing and set up.
Flying should take most time of around 90 minutes to allow for full startups and closing out on full landings with shutdowns.
NOTE: Operations CAN fail. Avoid overextending the timeframe if objectives cannot be met as it will wear out pilots.
Airframe specifics and limitations
- FC3 airframes
- if spawned on ground for pilots to use do not have the engines running (those need to be shut down to be able to re-fuel / re-arm)
- when spawning them on land use “Alignment Stored Heading” to prevent the very long manual alignment process
- Avoid setting more than three (3) standard waypoints (F-14B is capable of up to 7 but they are special types and need to be set separately)
- Might have to set up custom radio channels if you intend to use non standard_frequencies
- AV-8B Harrier II
- Currently, due to a bug, place at least one waypoint
- Harpoons should not be dropped at an altitude lower than 2500 ft - keep in mind for Altitude limitations
Creating a DCS mission
Important Set-up guides
- FARPS / Helipads
Mission Essential Tasks (MET)
Try to make sure Mission Essential Tasks (MET) are met. Examples of such tasks are:
- SEAD (Suppression of Enemy Air Defense)
- Offensive anti-air warfare
- Expeditionary operations
- Armed reconnaissance
- Striking coordination and reconnaissance
- CAS (Close Air Support)
- Air Interdiction
- FAC (Forward Air Controller (Airborne))
- TAC (Tactical Air Coordinator (Airborne))
- Active air defense
Mission building tools
Nukemap visualization of nuclear impacts