meta data for this page
This is an old revision of the document!
At the core of DELTAFORCE we especially value flying the Co-Operations (weekly custom co-op missions).
On top of that running custom community missions as well as trainings within the schools is highly encouraged.
A couple of steps are required to make it a successful event. This guide will provide you with a framework for that.
Note: If you fulfill only a specific role (for example hosting the mission), you can skip the parts not relevant to you.
Checklist / Cheat sheet
|Weekly Co-Operations||Community Mission||Training Event||Random Flying|
|Provide a custom DCS mission file||✅ Required||✅ Required||💛 Optional||💛 Optional|
|Provide briefing material||✅ Required||💛 Optional||✅ Required||💛 Optional|
|Announce in #main-hangout (or similar)||💛 Optional||💛 Optional||💛 Optional||✅ Required|
|Announce in #mission-announcements||✅ Required||✅ Required||✅ Required||❌ No|
|Use sign-up form||✅ Required||💛 Optional||💛 Optional||❌ No|
|Track attendance||✅ Required||✅ Required||✅ Required||❌ No|
|DELTAFORCE Activity Points (beta)||Up to :five:||Up to :two:||Up to :two:||❌ Not available|
Creating a DCS mission and requirements
- MAPS: The standard scenery is Caucasus or Persian Gulf.
- COALITIONS: Preset Modern (Note: it's recommended to move USAF Agressors to blue to make red airframes available)
- MISSION OPTIONS: Use the following mission options link to screenshot as a baseline for DELTAFORCE OPS.
- NOTE: Check the guide page on mission option details for information on what each setting does.
- PLAYTIME: Aim for a total of 2 hours time on average including briefing and set up.
Flying should take most time of around 90 minutes to allow for full startups and closing out on full landings with shutdowns.
NOTE: Operations CAN fail. Avoid overextending the timeframe if objectives cannot be met as it will wear out pilots.
Airframe specifics and limitations
- FC3 airframes
- if spawned on ground for pilots to use do not have the engines running (those need to be shut down to be able to re-fuel / re-arm)
- when spawning them on land use “Alignment Stored Heading” to prevent the very long manual alignment process
- Avoid setting more than three (3) standard waypoints (F-14B is capable of up to 7 but they are special types and need to be set separately)
- Might have to set up custom radio channels if you intend to use non standard_frequencies
- AV-8B Harrier II
- Currently, due to a bug, place at least one waypoint
- Harpoons should not be dropped at an altitude lower than 2500 ft - keep in mind for Altitude limitations
Creating a DCS mission
Important Set-up guides
- FARPS / Helipads
While bigger ops require an announcement, smaller scale ops can also be announced in the #mission-announcements channel on Discord.
Always post a couple of days ahead to make sure people can schedule for the mission.
Use this template to post in the #mission-announcements channel:
Copy this to Discord and fill out
** ** >> >> >> Co-Operation << << << :delta: @everyone please fill out, attending or not :delta: :military_medal: OPERATION: YOUR_MISSION_NAME :calendar_spiral: DATE: YYYY-MM-DD :alarm_clock: TIME: 1000z (zulu time) :airplane: AIRFRAMES: All_available :rocket: LOADOUT: No_restrictions :globe_with_meridians: LOCATION: Caucasus :newspaper: SIGN UP FORM: LINK_TO_SIGN_UP_FORM
Explanations of the data fields
>> >> >> Co-Operation << << << | Type of Mission: 1) Co-Operation, 2) School Class, 3) Community Mission
:delta: @everyone please fill out, attending or not :delta: | Tag @everyone for them to be able to sign up properly
:military_medal: OPERATION: make sure the name is compliant with our rules!
:calendar_spiral: DATE: Use ISO date e.g. 2019-11-05
:alarm_clock: TIME: provide in Zulu(UTC) time e.g. 1000z
:airplane: AIRFRAMES: Mention if ANY restrictions apply
:rocket: LOADOUT: Mention if ANY restrictions apply
:globe_with_meridians: LOCATION: Map theater (e.g. Persian Gulf, Nevada etc.
:newspaper: SIGN UP FORM: provide a link to the sign up form if in use
For elaborate missions it's always encouraged to also post a sign up form. You can find the template ]]here[[
At DELTAFORCE we value activity. Attendance for that will be tracked during two stages:
DELTAFORCE Co-Operations (official weekend missions)
2 points (signed up) > if the sign up form was used
1 point (no-show) > if the person signed up but didn't show up, or 1 point if the shows up when not signed up
3 points (took part) > for everyone who flew the op
4 points (completed) > if players flew the op and stayed til the debrief 4 points will be used
Trainings and misc. missions
for missions by e.g. school leads, trainings and custom community missions
training show 1 Point
midweek mission 1 Point
Points are NOT additive. As in signing up and showing up (2 pts) will not be added up with flying and debrief (4 pts).
Example: If a player completed an official weekend mission which s/he signed up for 4 pts will be given.
A bonus point can only be added for the following deeds:
- creating / organizing the mission
- hosting the mission
- eventually consider streaming
Only one bonus point can be given (e.g. if someone was hosting and streaming s/he still gets +1 point)